Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gym Etiquette


I was at the gym earlier this week and I swear I almost had to vomit! It wasn't because I worked out too hard [I don't work out that hard] but because someone had left a pool of disgusting, horrendous smelling sweat on one of the machines!!! Who does that?! I am still so mortified so I will just lay down the law... Every gym has spray bottles filled with sanitizer and paper towels for members to WIPE up what you may have left behind. I have nothing against sweating. Good for you if you're breaking a sweat but Speed Stick wouldn't still be in business if there wasn't a need for DEODORANT. Please do yourself [and everyone else] a favor... Buy some and use it! The last thing anybody wants is to pass out from the stench of someones B.O. Be respectful of others at the gym. You're not the only one paying $80/month to use the facility so be sure to SHARE the machines and weights with others. Usually most gyms have a sign up sheet or a 20-30 minute maximum but it is always good to be conscious and courteous to others. On that same note of being courteous, BE QUIET! You don't have to be able to hear a pin drop; we're not in a library. I just don't want to hear you grunting like a rhinoceros being raped or hear you singing along with your iPod [no matter how beautiful you think your voice may be.] Lastly, COVER UP... If you're hitting the gym, there's a good chance that you are fat. While you may have the confidence to squeeze yourself into a tiny little sports bra and some spandex shorts, you should probably save those for your 'at home' workouts or at least keep them hidden under a nice, big, baggy t-shirt! I know it gets hot but layers aren't always a bad thing. People run with garbage bags over top of them to burn more calories so it's kind of the same idea. Not only are you making me happy because I don't have to look at your rolls but you're also making yourself happy because you are getting skinnier without having to work out any harder! We both win.

Let's recap: wipe up your sweat, use deodorant, share the machines, be quiet, and cover up your fat!

Thanks.