Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or treat!







I will admit that at this very moment in time I am stuffing my face with Halloween candies provided from my favorite confection store - Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I'll also admit that I don't feel the slightest bit guilty because it's Halloween; eating mass amounts of chocolate is a given! This past weekend I attended JetSet Crew's Annual Halloween Party at the Stanley Park Pavilion. This was the first Halloween that I actually put together my own costume instead of purchasing one that was pre-made. Well, technically I did purchase a pre-made costume at first... The downside of online shopping is not being able to try anything on. After purchasing a beautiful ballerina costume only to find out [just two days before the event] that a size small is in fact too big, it was on to plan B... I was a vision in white; a bride! This costume was super easy to put together and I also got to practice a little DIY! It was just short of a miracle that I stumbled along the perfect dress at, lo and behold, H&M Children's! Who knew ages 11-12 years could fit an almost 21 year old. After a little stitching and pinning, I managed to transfrom the $39.99, square-necked, 1 inch strap dress into a stunning, sweetheart neck, strapless fit for an actual bride. Once my dress was complete I threw in a white bouquet, a fake diamond ring, some pearls, a pair of white heels and VOILA I was a bride.

Ps. If you're actually getting married, check out Dash Of Blonde for all things wedding.

Boy, is it ever hard to blog while children are knocking at your door every other minute. It's a good thing I have tons of candy for them. Happy Halloween!