Monday, October 31, 2011

List it out


I love lists! I seriously write, type and plan everything out. If you saw my work desk you would think I have some sort of list-disorder. Since I'm going to be in school next semester, I need to learn how to be money-savvy. To prevent mindless spending, I've decided to create a visual list of things I plan to purchase and then prioritize them by labelling each either 'need' or 'want'. To ensure that I'm not cheating myself by saying I need everything that I want, I've thought up reasons for why each is labelled the way it is.

Need. Red lipstick. Because - at the moment I am scrounging out the last bit of my MAC Red with a q-tip and a red lipstick is a must have in every girl's makeup bag.
Need. Baggy sweater. Because - Winter is just around the corner. It's time to trade in my tanks and tee's for something a little more weather appropriate.
Want. Striking beret. Because - I would like another beret/beanie in a bright color except I already have like ten sitting in a drawer somewhere. [Unnecessary purchase.]
Want. House Of Harlow earrings. Because - I could do without a new pair of earrings. I usually just wear studs anyways.
Want. MK tortoise ring. Because - I have a bunch of rings that I barely wear; they interfere with my typing and while I'm a working woman, I type all day. [Not practical.]
Need. Canada Goose HyBridge Lite jacket. Because - once again, Winter is coming! I don't want to freeze to death - hense this ultra soft, goose down, flexible, breathable, form-fitting jacket. I'm going to vouch twice for this jacket because I truly think that everybody needs one of these to make it through a Canadian winter. Sometimes a leather jacket, a cotton bomber and a cashmere peacoat just don't suffice.
Need. Thermal pants. Because - right now I sleep in a boy's graphic tee. I'm not too sure if these are actual pants or if they're for lounging. Regardless, I think they make for cute pajamas. [I know I swung this one to a need but I actually don't own pajama pants, therefore, this is a need.]
Want. Prada Candy frangrance. Because - I just purchased Viktor Rolf's Flowerbomb literally two days ago. To purchase another fragrance right now [no matter how beautiful it smells] would be excessive.
Want. Nail Polish. Because - I still have nail polish that I haven't even opened yet. Until I use the rest at least once, I am not allowing myself to purchase another.
Want. Justin Bieber Under The Misletoe. Because - Christmas is still two months away. Come December and this will become a 'need' but until then, it can wait.
Need. Lanvin flats. Because - I actually do need a new pair of simple, black, ballet flats. These shoes aren't exactly cheap but I think that if you're going to invest in something, it should be something that you're going to get good use out of. I could literally go on all day about how great these flats are but you won't ever fully pick up what I'm putting down until you go stick your feet in a pair of these. The best way I can think to describe it is the comfort of an Ugg boot with the impecable style of a Louboutin shoe.

Well, now that my LIST is done, it's time for the best part - shopping!