Monday, November 21, 2011

He's leaving on a jet plane


Happy MANday! It seems to me that nearly half of my friends are getting ready to jet set off into the abyss over the holidays. I absolutely love travelling; it's definitely something I wish I could do more of. However, there is one thing I hate about travelling - PACKING! [I am the worst at packing but I'll save that for another post.] Even though out of all the luggage you will pack, your carry-on is probably the easiest, there is nothing worse than strapping up your seat belt and realizing you've forgotten your iPod. To prevent this tragedy from occuring, I suggest making a list! [Did I mention that I love lists?] For all you lovely gentlemen who I know won't make a list, I've saved you the trouble and made one for you! This isn't just a random bunch of paraphernalia thrown together; everything has a purpose...

iPad/iPod + noise cancelling headphones: for entertainment; just make sure your battery is fully charged. 
loafers: you'll want to wear a pair of comfy shoes for a long flight and loafers are practically like slippers.
sunglasses: not only will they come in handy when you land in the sunny Maldives but they'll also hide your sleepy, jet-lagged eyes.
passport: I think this one is a given? Just don't forget it or it will ruin your trip.
camera: you never know when you're going to come across a photo op! Besides, you should be documenting every waking second of this trip.
scarf: you may get a bit chilly being at such high altitudes or get stuck beside a passenger who refuses to close their air vent even when they're buried under a blanket. 
cardigan: this is the easiest thing to throw on when it gets a bit cool, it won't take up a lot of room in your carry-on and can double as a pillow if your airline doesn't offer them.
bag: another given; you need something to carry it all in, don't you? But specifically, I mean a bag. Not only are you a man, you are a stylish man. No mini rolling suitcase. Just get a bag. Preferably structured and leather.

Bon voyage my babies!