Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Magic in the makeup


We all know that girl who looks like a completely different person without makeup; I'm not that girl! Thank God. I'd like to invite you all for a peek inside my makeup bag! Even though I'm almost always late for everything, I swear it literally only takes me 20 minutes to get ready! Here is my routine:

1. Prep and prime. A simple cleansing face wash and moisturizer will do.
2. Base. I cannot stress enough the importance of getting your foundation matched [professionally]. There is nothing worse than when the color of your face doesn't match the rest of your body. Next, dust a translucent powder across your entire face to set your foundation.
3. Bronze. One solid color across your entire face ends up making you look lifeless and fake. Add some sun by lightly dusting a bronzer across the areas of your face that would normally be hit by the sun; forehead, cheeks, a tiny bit on your chin and down the bridge of your nose.
4. Blush. Smile and apply in circular motions to the apples of your cheeks. Next, gently glide the brush from your cheeks into your hairline to create a more blended look.

*For a daytime look I would usually stop here, finish with some mascara and head for the door.

5. Eyes. Shadow --> mascara --> liner; in that order. Then give your lashes a good curl once the mascara has fully dried.
6. Perfect your pout. I always coat my lips with Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm before putting on my lipstick. If I'm going out and need to look extra perfect, I'll do one coat of lip balm, one coat of lipstick, blot with a tissue, do another coat of lipstick and finish with a touch of gloss.
7. Scent. Lastly, but most definitly not least, is to add a spritz or two [or three] of your favorite signature scent; neck, wrists and behind your ears.

There we go, you are done! [I feel like I need one of those 'easy' buttons from Staples because that was easy!]