Friday, December 2, 2011

Home for Christmas


"I’ll be waiting under the mistletoe
while you’re travelling here through the winter snow;
baby think of me if it helps to get you warm.
When the only thing that I really need
is to have your arms wrapped around me;
baby think of me if it helps to get you home,
home this Christmas."

Once again, it's that GLORIOUS time of year; the snow is falling, the fireplace is on, the little red cups are back at Starbucks and I refuse to leave the house without my puffy, black Canada Goose. AND all of 'the boys of Summer' that got whisked away to further their education are back! So, what does one wear when welcoming him home? I'm sure every guy's dream is an all-lace ensemble from Victoria's Secret but that wouldn't be practical in negative-degree weather. Of course you know what's the best to meet your man in but for those of you who aren't up for catching hypothermia, I've put together a little something for you to grab inspiration from. A few words that come to mind when I look at this outfit are: casual, cozy and classy.

Now, don't all go wearing the exact same thing or it will be an attack of flannels, chunky knits and red Hunter's at the airport come mid-December.