Monday, December 19, 2011

Pheromone for him



My favorite scent on a guy is a toss up between Tide laundry detergent and Gain Joyful Expressions laundry detergent. However, that was until I came across CREED Aventus on one of my weekly visits to Holt Renfrew; I just had to buy it for one of my really good guy friends. [Lucky him.] I absolutely love this cologne; I don't think I've ever smelled anything better. The New York Times called this scent "mesmerizing" which I think is the most perfect description; you won't understand until you smell it.

Choosing a cologne can be tough, especially because there are so many to choose from. If you're currently using Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce, get rid of it! That scent was only ever acceptable from grades 9 to 11. Just like fashion, there are new scents every season so don't hesitate to switch up your fragrance frequently but you should always have that one 'go-to' fragrance [like CREED] that will never go out of style. 

Colognes are meant to accentuate not overpower so don't ruin it by overloading! If I can smell you from a mile away, you've put on too much. If you leave a perpetual lingering scent in my room for the next three days, you've put on too much. If your fragrance overpowers mine, you've put on too much. Key word: dab not drown; at the base of your throat or a quick spritz on your chest before heading out the door.

Tip: a good fragrance can last up to five years. Store your scents in a cool dark place, away from direct sunlight at room temperature. Heat and light can alter the chemistry of the scent molecules.

Sniff, sniff!